Broccoli & Pasta Sauce
||10 min, Cooking Time: 15 min
A broccoli dish that sounds a little fancier than it is. Nice for when you want something a little different.
280g (10oz) broccoli
2cm (1 inch) piece root ginger
3 tbsp olive oil
175g (6oz) shelled peas
150g (5fl oz) single cream
100g (4oz) ricotta cheese
salt and pepper
1. Break the broccoli into small florets and finely slice the stems.
2. Grate the root ginger and fry with the broccoli for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add the peas and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the cream and cook gently for a further 5 minutes.
5. Add the ricotta cheese and season with salt and pepper.
Serve with fresh cooked pasta of your choice.
View more Main Meals recipes
View more Vegetable based recipes