Warm Red Cabbage Salad
Another wonderful red cabbage recipe, though we often substitute the goats cheese for whatever cheese we have in the fridge at the time.
1 Small Red Cabbage
1 Red Apple
1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
2.5 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
4 oz Goats Cheese, broken into large chunks
1 tablespoon chopped Parsley
1/2 tsp Fresh Marjoram, finely chopped
1. Quarter and core the cabbage. Cut the wedges into thin pieces, 2 to 3 inches long and set aside.
2. Cut apple lengthwise into sixths, cut out the core, then slice the pieces thinly, crosswise.
3. Put the garlic, vinegar, and oil in a wide sauté pan over a medium-high flame.
4. As soon as they are hot, add the onion and sauté for 30 seconds.
5. Add the cabbage, and cook for about 2 minutes.
6. Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and more vinegar, if necessary.
7. Add the goat cheese, apple, and herbs.
8. Toss briefly and carefully before serving.
View more Salads recipes
View more Pulse Based recipes