Zucchini and Mushroom Salad
A simple salad that's a little more adventurous than chopped lettuce and tomato.
1 lb Button Mushrooms
8 Small Zucchini (Courgettes)
1/4 cup Wine Vinegar
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Salt
2 sprigs fresh Tarragon
1/4 cup Water
1/4 cup Dry White Wine
1. Clean the mushrooms, and cut the zucchini into 1 inch lengths.
2. Place all the ingredients into a pot. Simmer until the zucchini is just tender.
3. Turn off heat. Place lid on pot and leave for 15 minutes.
4. Place the drained vegetables in a bowl, reserving the cooking liquid. Place this liquid back in the pot and cook until reduced to about 1/3 cup.
5. Discard the tarragon. Pour over the vegetables and lightly chill.
Don't over-chill or it will kill the flavours before serving.
Scatter on a little finely chopped parsley before serving.
View more Salads recipes
View more Pulse Based recipes